The student killer in Belgrade watched an American documentary about mass killings in schools before the massacre

The student killer in Belgrade watched an American documentary about mass killings in schools before the massacre
The student killer in Belgrade watched an American documentary about mass killings in schools before the massacre
--

Kosta Kecmanovic, the 13-year-old student who killed eight of his classmates and fatally shot a guard at the “Vladislav Ribnikar” school, watched videos on the TikTok platform and an American documentary on mass murders in the school the night before the massacre.

The information was revealed on Thursday by Veselin Milic, the police chief of Belgrade in a statement to CNN.

“This monstrous deed was planned at night and carried out in the morning. This criminal said he saw a strange American movie where a boy did the same thing in his school,” Milic said.

He mentioned that the information was collected from the perpetrator following the statements given by him in the presence of a lawyer hired by the parents.

Read also: A new attack on a school in Belgrade, a day after the massacre in which Kosta Kecmanovic killed nine people

“The killer showed no remorse. That shocked us – me and all the people of Serbia,” he continued.

According to this official, Kosta Kecmanovic was not a victim of bullying, having not previously been assaulted by colleagues, as the local media initially speculated.

However, he allegedly argued with his classmates and asked to be transferred.

“By doing this, he hoped to be socially accepted,” the police chief said.

CNN: The assassin student practiced shooting in the basement of the “Partizan Belgrade” stadium

The detention of Kecmanovic’s parents is justified by the fact that the minor managed to gain access to a coded safe where his father kept his legally owned weapons, explained Veselin Milic.

He added that the boy is “unusually skilled with weapons” and that his father took him to a shooting range set up in the basement of the football club “Partizan Belgrade” stadium.

In Serbia it is illegal for minors to handle firearms and prosecutors confirmed to CNN that they are looking into what happened at the shooting range, while the said sports organization has so far refused to comment on the situation.

Under Serbian law, at just 13, Kosta Kecmanovic is too young to be held criminally liable. He was admitted to a psychiatric institution.

CNN: An armed police officer was patrolling the area at the time of the massacre

CNN interviewed Serbian Deputy Minister of Education Milan Pasic.

He stated that at the time the first shots were fired, there was an armed police officer patrolling the perimeter of the school campus.

Police in Belgrade confirmed this and announced that the officer waited for reinforcements before intervening.

He later participated in the arrest of Kecmanovic.

CNN notes that in the US, police response protocol requires officers to immediately go to the scene of a shooting and try to take out the assailant.

Police in Belgrade have not yet clarified whether their own protocols were properly followed in the case of the “Vladislav Ribnikar” school massacre.

The article is in Romanian

Tags: student killer Belgrade watched American documentary mass killings schools massacre

-

NEXT Scientists warn: Dangerous changes occur in the brains of people with heart disease