This morning, at the single number for emergency situations 112, a fire was reported at a kiosk in the premises of General School no. 2 in Hațeg.
The teaching staff tried to put out the fire with the help of several powder extinguishers, but the fire manifested itself violently and it was impossible to extinguish it in its early stages.
Arriving urgently on the scene, the ISU Hunedoara forces intervened with a first intervention and command truck, two water and foam work trucks from the Hunedoara Fire Department, the Totești and Bretea work stations, as well as a SMURD crew, alongside by the Hațeg Voluntary Service for Emergency Situations.
During the intervention, a number of approximately 400 students and 25 teachers self-evacuated.
The prompt intervention of the military firefighters and the SVSU, combined with the evacuation of the students, very well organized and coordinated by the teachers, meant that there were no casualties after the event.
The probable cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical short circuit.