The suspects in the case of the murder of the businessman Adrian Kreiner planned the crime in advance, moved from one county to another and entered the building at night wearing balaclavas and gloves, the Sibiu prosecutors show in the indictment by which they proposed preventive arrest in absentia of the suspects. In addition, they armed themselves with a gun and had a rope on them. They left the building on foot, knowing where the cameras were, which shows “thorough criminal preparation.” The victim “was subjected to multiple acts of violence”, after which she was tied with her hands behind her back and possibly suffocated with a carpet.
Police car Photo: Adrian Ilincescu/ HotNews.ro
The Sibiu prosecutors show, in the indictment by which they proposed the preventive arrest in absentia of the three suspects in the case of the murder of the businessman Adrian Kreiner, that the deed was committed by three people who acted according to a plan, moved from a another county with another person’s car and they initially broke into an abandoned building located opposite the victim’s house, from where they watched the businessman’s house for several nights.
The attackers entered the businessman’s house wearing hoods and gloves
- “The break-in was done at night by the three defendants who wore hoods and gloves in order not to be identified and not to leave traces.
- After entering the yard, the defendants turned off the partial lighting of the yard in order not to be noticed.
- Moreover, they armed themselves with a gun with which they threatened the victims and had a rope on them to immobilize the victim Kreiner Adrian by tying her hands and feet behind her back, in the boat position.
- Also, the three defendants exercised acts of extreme violence on the victim, whom they suffocated and repeatedly hit,” the prosecutors’ report states, according to News.ro.
The businessman, beaten, bound and suffocated with a carpet
The prosecutors also say that “on the injured person Kreiner Adrian, who was on the ground floor of the house, multiple acts of violence were inflicted on the head, torso and limbs, after which she was tied with her hands behind her back and possibly suffocated with a carpet, the injured person being discovered by the police bodies at 03.04 in a state of unconsciousness with a very low pulse, it being necessary to carry out resuscitation maneuvers which were started by the police bodies and continued by the medical crew”.
According to the investigators, the attackers stole goods of considerable value (over 200,000 euros) that could be easily recovered, namely 16 watches, “after which they left the victim’s building and followed a predetermined route on foot, knowing where the surveillance cameras in the area are located, an aspect that denotes a thorough criminal preparation and a particular dangerousness of the defendants”.
“The defendants acted according to a well-established plan and there are data that they would have left the country shortly after committing the acts”, the quoted document also states.
The victim’s daughter hid in a closet and called 112. The attackers came in on her and threatened her with a gun
Alarmed by the noise on the ground floor, the businessman’s daughter, who was in a bedroom on the first floor of the house, went out to see what was happening, seeing one of the attackers on the ground floor, who had a hood on his head, at the same time also being noticed by the attacker.
- “The injured person returned to the bedroom and locked the door, armed himself with a knife and hid in the dressing room, from where he called 112.
- Two of the three perpetrators went upstairs and broke the bedroom door, after which they entered the dressing room, the injured person declaring that “they hit me on the hand and thus my phone and knife fell”, the indictment also states .
- “The taller man was sitting on the left side of the dressing room and didn’t say anything, but the shorter man, who had brown to green eyes, approached me, aggressively asked me in English where the money was, and when I told him that I don’t know, he pushed me with his legs and started hitting me, he lifted me from the ground, threatened me with the gun to my temple, asking me continuously where the money was.
- I replied that I don’t know, but I can give him my money from my bag. After giving them the money she had in her wallet (40 euros and approximately 100 lei), she was threatened again with a gun by one of the attackers, who loaded it and put it to her head, asking her more times where the money is.
- During this time, the other attacker, noticing several valuable watches in plain sight inside the dressing room, took them and put them in a bag, also rummaging through the drawers in the bedroom. Before leaving for the ground floor of the house, the armed attacker told the injured person that he was going to kill his father and left the room going downstairs,” the prosecutors say.
“High degree of danger”
The prosecutors draw attention to the fact that “the nature of the facts of aggravated murder and aggravated robbery and the concrete way of committing them, which was previously described, in conjunction with the criminal antecedents of the defendants and the fact that they are evading criminal prosecution, constitute sufficient elements to counterbalance the defendants’ deprivation of the attribute of freedom full physical, and the existing evidence in the file is sufficient to eliminate the risk of an arbitrary decision in the case”.
The prosecutors assess that the three men “present an obvious antisocial attitude, a high degree of dangerousness, as well as a total disregard for the social relations whose protection is sought by criminalizing the crime of murder, and it can be appreciated that, in the future, their behavior will will keep you on a path with negative social valences”.
“Also, it must be taken into account that the investigation of the defendants in a state other than that of pre-trial detention is likely to induce a negative social resonance among public opinion, and it is necessary that in such situations the judicial bodies proceed to take some measures prompt and efficient, in order to restore confidence in collective safety”, the prosecutors also sent, according to News.ro.
The magistrates of the Sibiu Court accepted the proposal for preventive arrest, the three suspects being put under international investigation. Two of them have been caught – one in Northern Ireland and another in Scotland – and the third is still being sought.
READ ALSO: The third suspect in the murder of Sibiu businessman Adrian Kreiner was also imprisoned for a robbery in a mall in Slovenia. What does his mother say?